Monday, July 13, 2009

Guest Blogger Invitation

I wrote my first post for this blog on 21 May of this year and since then, I've been extremely busy. Many people in the community have reached out to me in my time of need to lend support. The creation of this blog has resulted in invitations to go for coffee, job interviews and offers to work on special community projects.

I'm writing to invite any of you who are unemployed in the Des Moines community to write a piece for this blog. You could critique an event you've attended to let others know whether it is worth their time or not; you could write about your unemployed situation, the good, the bad and the ugly; you could let the leaders of Des Moines know what you would like to see done to help the unemployed get back to work. Readers include recruiters, career coaches, and many people in the community whose job it is to help the unemployed get back to work.

Not only will you draw attention to yourself and your unemployed status, but you'll also demonstrate your writing ability; something I haven't had the chance to demonstrate in my previously paid positions. People have picked up on my abilities and I've had several conversations regarding being paid to write.

The most rewarding part of contributing to this blog is that you are creating a dialogue with people who are in similar positions. You may provide information that could potentially help someone. That's why I started writing this blog.

If you have an interest in writing one post or even being a regular guest blogger, please let me know...suzanne_hull@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment